Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Transaction - User Permission

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Good Afternoon.

I'm new in SAP Universe, and I'm studying ABAP, for now on their own. I did the instalation of the SAP Netweaver 7.02 version, and SAPGui, created a new user, but I can't create a new TRANSACTION in SE38 with this new user, by problems in the license key. I tried using the key informed on tutorial"start" without success. The user i created have SAP_ALL privileges. I can only create transactions with user DDIC. Until I compared the settings with my user created and not seen any difference. You'd know me know how can I enable this user to develop in ABAP EDITOR?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have a developer key?  I believe you have to have one in order to save anything in ABAP or the data dicitionary.   Ask your system administrators for one..

0 Kudos

I have no other developer key, only for the DDIC user. In my case the installation is a Trial Version, only for study. I can somehow get other developer key with this type of release? Because when I try to register in the OSS site, the following message occurred, using my partner number:

"The specified customer / installation number, XXXXXXXXXX, is initial or is not assigned to a valid customer. Please correct your entry or consult with your superadministrator."

Thank you for help Larry.

0 Kudos

I have no knowledge of the trial version.  someone else will have to help you.  Sorry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio,

In this case, it would be better if you read the installation guide and use user BCUSER for development. The installation guide, if I remember correctly, it would include how to change password and assign development key as well as how to get licence (around 6 months) for your trial version.

Please try. Thanks

Amarpreet
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can check if BCUSER(or any other user that you may have created ) has a developer key assigned in the table :

DEVACCESS

i think the trial version has developer access  and there should be a developer key assigned to the user BCUSER .

hope this helps

Good luck