Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create N number of Unique Internal Tables @ run time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am having a similar requirement. I have an internal table.. which contains "N" number of unique records based on combination of Bukrs and Branch.

EG:
1. C1 B1
2. C1 B2
3. C1 B3
4. C2 B1
5. C2 B2
6. C3 B1
7. C3 B4
8. C3 B5
9. C4 B1
10.C5 B1

C Indicates Company Code

B Indicates Branch

is it possible to create 10 unique internal tables at run time based on these combinations ? IF yes , can any1 guide me how to create the same.

My concerns.. if it is possible .. how do i create unique names of Internal table for the same.

Regards,

Jitesh.

Edited by: kishan P on Oct 14, 2010 1:38 PM

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you have a fixed structure for the internal tables, you can just create a table of tables in se11 and use that to create a internal table.

and if you don't, you can create the table of tables dynamically too but it would become a bit complex.

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure it is.

You can either use RTTS -> for this refer [Do you really know everything about typing? - part 2|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/20887] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

The easier approach would be using CL_ALV_TABLE_CREATE=>CREATE_DYNAMIC_TABLE . Just type this class & method name in SCN search and you will find lots of resources.

Note!

You can't however generate dynamic named tables. Any apoprach you choose will result in data/object reference you will use as a pointer to dynamically created table. So no name here applies. However the components' names can be whatever you want.

Regards

Marcin