Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create long text for production order confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I'm using Function  CO_RU_CONFIRMATION to create a production order confirmation. Unfortunately this function cannot create a long text. So once done, I create the long text using Function CREATE_TEXT with these values:

concatenate ls_afrud_exp-mandt ls_afrud_exp-rueck ls_afrud_exp-rmzhl into lv_fname.

call function 'CREATE_TEXT'
       exporting
         fid               = 'RMEL'
         flanguage         = sy-langu
         fname             = lv_fname
         fobject           = 'AUFK'
*       SAVE_DIRECT       = 'X'
*       FFORMAT           = '*'
       tables
         flines            = gt_longtext
      exceptions
        no_init           = 1
        no_save           = 2

the text is succesfully stored and looks identical to texts created using CO11 in table STXH.

But it is not displayed in CO14.

Any ideas how to create (or add) the long text for a production order confirmation?

Thanks a lot,

Roland

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you should be using the SAVE_TEXT function. Anyway have a look at this link it has some useful info on exactly what you are trying to do:

https://abaplog.wordpress.com/2007/04/25/working-with-production-order-operation-long-texts-from-aba...

3 REPLIES 3

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you should be using the SAVE_TEXT function. Anyway have a look at this link it has some useful info on exactly what you are trying to do:

https://abaplog.wordpress.com/2007/04/25/working-with-production-order-operation-long-texts-from-aba...

0 Kudos

Thanks for the link to the blog entry. It works now (with CREATE_TEXT) when I update table AFRU-TXTSP (not AFVC like described in the blog). Direct update...

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is an OSS notes on this subject : 1982719 - Texts cannot be displayed - Usage of function module SAVE_TEXT (with list of the fields to update from AUFK-LTEXT to PLPO-TXTSP)

Regards,

Raymond