Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Extension for Bapi_Warrantyclaim_create

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Greeting for the Day!

Please anyone helpme on Can we create the Extension to Bapi_warrantyclaim_create.

How do identify the whether extension is create or not?

My table is PNWTYH

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Prabharam

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you plesae elaborate the requirement.

0 Kudos

Thanks for giving rply,

Actually i have requirement To identify all the relevant field in DMS for warranty transaction(wty) and map the fields to ECC

and Database Table is PNWTYH.

For this i am using' Bapi_warrantyclaim_create' ,but in PNWTYH' some Custom fields are there,These Custom fields are not in the standard Table.

Regards,

Prabharam

0 Kudos

Hi Prabha,

Please make use of table parameter EXTENSIONIN for this purpose.

You must also implement BAdI WTY_BAPI_CREATE if you want to make assignments in processing.

The help document of the BAdi is as given below.

BAdI: Link of Customer Fields in BAPI_WARRANTYCLAIM_CREATE

Use

This business add-in (BAdI) is used in the component Warranty Claim Processing.

You can use this BAdI to link customer-specific fields if you have created warranty claims using BAPI BAPI_WARRANTYCLAIM_CREATE, changed warranty claims using BAPI BAPI_WARRANTYCLAIM_CHANGE2 or created new versions of a warranty claim using BAPI BAPI_WARRANTY_CLAIM_ADD_VERSION.

This BAdI has method BAPI_EX_CREATE.

Requirements

The customer-specific fields must already exist as append to WTY_PNWTYH_CUST etc. in tables PNWTYH, PNWTYV or PVWTY

Standard settings

This BAdI does not have a default implementation.

Hope you can proceed further. else let me know.

Regards,

Antony Thomas

0 Kudos

Thanks alot Antony Thomas,

This answer help to me,but onething i don't know exactly where i have to develop the new logic.We no need to add the custom fields to Extension?

Please let me know briefly,if you have already logic then send it to me the same ASAP.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Prabharam

0 Kudos

Hello Prabha,

*onething i don't know exactly where i have to develop the new logic.

You have to develop this logic in any of the following three methods in BADi WTY_BAPI_CREATE

BAPI_EX_CREATE

BAPI_EX_CREATE_BEFORE_M

BAPI_EX_READ .

I dont have a valid claim number in my current system , so couldn't simulate the BAPI. Keep a break point in all three methods and check the structures that are available as the interface parameter of these methods.

We no need to add the custom fields to Extension?

You have to add all the custom fields here as an append structure to PNWTYH in structure WTY_PNWTYH_CUST. Actually this should be the first step.

Please let me know briefly,if you have already logic then send it to me the same ASAP.

I dont hava a code, this information is after analysis only, the code may look like below, you can refer this.

Refer the standard include LWTY10F1P, there is a subroutine, check the code inside that, it is almost a kind of mapping only.

PERFORM move_cust_data USING ls_pnwtyh_dia

ls_pnwtyv_dia

lt_pvwty_dia

ls_bapi_header

ls_bapi_version

lt_bapi_item

CHANGING lt_extin.

Regards,

Antony Thomas

Edited by: Antony Thomas on Jul 23, 2010 7:59 AM

0 Kudos

Hello Prabha,

This info may also useful for you,

Creating Customer-Specific Fields

Use

This procedure has been written particularly for technical consultants at the customer site who want to create customer-specific screens with customer-specific fields and include them in the layout of the warranty claim.

Procedure

Include Customer-Specific Fields in Data Tables

1. Specify the table you want to enhance:

§ Warranty claim header: table PNWTYH

§ Warranty claim version: table PNWTYV

§ Warranty claim item: table PVWTY

2. If you want to enhance table PNWTYH, create an APPEND structure for structure WTY_PNWTYH_CUST in transaction se11. The APPEND structure has to begin with Z.

If you want to enhance table PNWTYV, create an APPEND structure for structure WTY_PNWTYV_CUST.

If you want to enhance table PVWTY, create an APPEND structure for structure WTY_PVWTY_CUST.

3. Enhance the APPEND structure with your own customer-specific fields. The fields must begin with Z.

You may have to create your own data elements and domains for this purpose.

Filling Customer-Specific Fields when Migrating Legacy Data (PNWTYH, PNWTYV, PVWTY)

1. Prepare the data import with BAPIs BAPI_WARRANTYCLAIM_...(see: BAPI documentation).

2. Transfer/map the customer-specific fields within BAdI WTY_BAPI_CREATE (see: BAdI documentation).

Regards,

Antony Thomas

0 Kudos

Thanks alot Antony Thomas,

Really this information help full to me,If i have any queries i will connect you

Have a nice Day! and Happy weekend

Regards,

Prabharam

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Greeting for the day!

where i have to develop the logic i can't understand,please could you explain me

thanks in advance,

Regards,

Prabha

0 Kudos

Prabha,

I already explained you where to write the code. Put some break points in those three methods, check the parameters that are available at the interface of these methods.

My situation is i dont have valid claim number to test all these things in my system.

Do some work around here , you will get the solution.

Regards,

Antony Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Greeting for the Day!

i have one badi WTY_BAPI_CREATE in one method bapi_ex_create in this how to define exporting and importing,changing parameters.

it_extension is the importing parameter and changing cs_pnwtyh

i want pass the data extension to cs_pnwtyh.How to define.

Please anyone help me.

thanks in advance,

Prabha