Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a menu/selection screen with dynamic quantity of (push)buttons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create a selection screen (or other type of menu) with dynamic quantity of buttons/pushbuttons in it. For example I have a table and in that table there are several lines (e.g. 10). So I want the menu (or whatever) to create 10 pushbuttons so I can assign 10 different actions to them.

Right now it's no problem for me to assign the different actions to the pushbuttons, but how can I do that dynamically? Is it possible?

Thanks,

Florian

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Florian,

When you say 'menu' it sounds like you are talking about a screen area rather than the dropdown kind of menu. You cannot have dynamic entries in drop down menus, although a context menu can be dynamic, by nature of it being context-driven.

Going with the screen 'menu', I'd suggest defining a variable step-loop with a pushbutton in the loop. Each button would generate the same function code but you can query the line 'pushed' by querying with GET CURSOS LINE to act on the correct row.