Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying selection texts and text symbols from std program...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i am copying a std report into a zprogram and modifying it... std report contains lots of selection texts and text symbols.. is there any std means to copy this text elements into my z program or i have to copy them one by one?

thanx in advance..

regards,

Maya.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi maya,

sorry there is no way to do that .u can do one thing .

u can use <b>ctrl+y</b> and select all the text symbols at an instant by dragging and paste it in ur changed program . try this , it may reduce ur time .

regards,

magesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maya,

How are you copying your standard program? If you are doing it through the Copy button on the SE38 ABAP Editor initial screen, it automatically copies the Text elements and the source code and asks you for copying other attributes like documentation, Includes etc.

Let us know what exactly is happening in your case.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Maya,

I guess you got to manually copy them there is no other means ... for simplifying the process use CTRLY for selecting them and then press press CTRLC to copy and paste these in your Zprogram

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you copy a Std. Program , It will ask for Lots of Check box to confirm your copy. If you select all the respective by itself it will copy the Text Symbols and Selection text.

If you copy the code and Pasted in the ABAP editor then it will not be there in your program , Use Copy in SE38 intial Screen for this purpose.

Tx

Parthi

Reward if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u all..

regards,

Maya.