Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying configuration changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there a way I can copy the existing configuration settings before I make any changes to the config in IMG? I think this will serve as backup of the existing configuration. We can copy program and sap script forms.

Similarly I am thinking there must be some way to copy the configuration also.

Thanks for the great help.

Sobhan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sobhan,

I dont think SAP has provided this option to backup customizing settings or config settings.

Generally if you are trying to do some R&D then you must use a seprate sandbox and not change the actual control box in the system.

Other option is always copy the exisiting config settings and play around with the new settings without touching the original config settings.

Would suggest use a different control box/ client.

Cheers

VJ

Other option is to take a backup of the transports to re-apply them if something is screwed up.

Message was edited by: Vijayendra Rao

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sobhan,

I dont think SAP has provided this option to backup customizing settings or config settings.

Generally if you are trying to do some R&D then you must use a seprate sandbox and not change the actual control box in the system.

Other option is always copy the exisiting config settings and play around with the new settings without touching the original config settings.

Would suggest use a different control box/ client.

Cheers

VJ

Other option is to take a backup of the transports to re-apply them if something is screwed up.

Message was edited by: Vijayendra Rao