Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying ALV cell content into to clipboard

Prajesh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am displaying certain results in a ALV grid control. Now I want to enable this ALV grid in suh a way that enduser should be able to copy and paste the content of a cell just by using the key combination CTRLC and CTRLV. But currenlty what is happening is when I point the cursor on a partcular cell and do CTRLC entire row is copied instead of that particulr cell. So could you please tell me how to solve this in more userfriendly way. That means user should be able to do copy and pasting of a cell content with the standard key combination ctrlc and ctrl+v

Regrds,

Prajesh

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try pressing CTRL+Y before selecting the cells you want to copy.

This works in a lot of reports.

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Prajesh,

this wil work definitely.

select the cell -> press CTRL+Y (the particular cell will be highlighted) now

press CTRLC and press CTRLV.

u can copy the individual cells. like this..

reward points if found usefull.

thanks

Prajesh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew and Rup,

Thanks a lot for your reply. The thing I want to achieve is to avoid that ctrly step. As I mentioned earlier user should be able to do the copy and paste by the key combination ctrlc and ctrl+v. For exmple if you try to do this in CRM standard UI it works. I don't know what property need to be set for this. I mean how programmaticaly I can achieve this?

Regards,

Prajesh