Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Function Group to New Name: Transport Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I did this I only see in the transport Function Group with the Function Group Name under it. I would have expected to see all of the objects but I guess not?

I suppose everything will go under thge Function Group name? ie. Includes, Function Modules, etc.?

Thank-You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think all objects are compressed under a function group including functiom module(s), include program(s). As long as, you assigned them to the function group, it should be fine.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

5 REPLIES 5

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think all objects are compressed under a function group including functiom module(s), include program(s). As long as, you assigned them to the function group, it should be fine.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tom

When you are copying a function group containing function modules the system should ask you which function modules you would like to copy (and rename), too. By coping the frame program of the function group (e.g. SAPLZmygroup) all include are renamed automatically.

Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your transport shows R3TRFUGRZZMYFUNCTIONGROUP, then you are transporting all the function modules in that function group and all the includes that you see within that function group's main program.

marcelo_ramos
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Certainly the objects doesn't appears in this case, but it stays with the function group.

Or you don't copy these function modules .

Check each include its request to be certain, but it stays with the function group !

Regards.

Marcelo Ramos

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I see a thread title like this, the first question I think is "Why copy the function group".

Copying a complete function group leaves your system very open to future data corruption and other problems as patches etc change the code in the original group but do not get reflected in your copy. A repair or enhancement to the original object has the advantage that SPAU will highlight any new versions from SAP allowing you to confirm that your change is still needed.

Another option is to create a custom function that calls the standard code with customer specific pre and post processing. If both the standard and custom function are needed, then including logic based on transaction code, calling report, etc can handle this.

It is interesting to work on the upgrade of a system where there has been significant copying of SAP code - you compare the "Z" version with the original SAP code in the pre-upgrade system and nearly always find differences due to OSS notes etc that were applied without thinking of the customer copy.

Andrew