Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Classical interactive report into ALV interactive

Former Member

Dear Friends,

Can anybody tell how can i convert classical interactive report into ALV interactive report. I have one report which is classical interactive and it has 5 interactive steps and its interaction work like a loop. How can i convert this into ALV interactive? Do i need to call ALV "At line selection" event? Procedural ALV or OOP alv, which option is better? Please provide suggestions or links or codes for this conversion.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Chintu6august
Contributor

Hello,

For ALV report: you need to call REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY method and for making the ALV report interactive implement USER_COMMAND event of ALV, call the other list in it..and so on.

check the below link..

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/ABAP+Interactive+ALV+Program

thank you!!

Why cling to the old ALV FM when SALV exists and is well documented? Even I stopped writing new programs with REUSE_ALV..., clearly it's time to move on.

former_member182550
Active Contributor

In my mind Object ALV is the best way to go.

0 Kudos

Dear Richard,

Can you provide any good link for it?

0 Kudos

Have a look at the Demo programs available in SAP. Transaction ABAPDOCU or look for reports starting BC*ALV*

Rich

0 Kudos

Google "SALV tutorial". I can vouch for Naimesh Patel here. There are demos in SAP as well, as Richard noted.

There is also a short book specifically about ALV with plenty of examples.