Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting CHAR(21) to CURR(15) - CRM system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

(I have read many threads about this "conversion from CHAR to CURR" topic, but none of them were able to answer my question).

I am basically trying to convert a CHAR(21) to CURR(15).

What I have learned is: CURR(15) needs the format: 3423.23. In other words, there shouldn't be any commas and the decimal separator should be a dot. So, I have seen a lot of algorithms that convert various CHARs to this format and it works fine.

However, the problem is the regional settings. My input CHAR will depend on the regional settings of the user.

Example: Here is what the pricing returns to me in the CHAR format depending on the user settings:

DE: 1,214.99 EUR

EN: 1.214,99 EUR

So, there is no actually fixed format that I receive.

Is there a function module/method that takes into account this user settings and does the conversion (in the CRM system)?

Thanks,

Guven.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Get data from user master record(USR01 table) where BNAME = sy-uname.

check the decimal format, based on it convert u r currency. the decimal format will

available in field DCPFM.

Regards,

raghu.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Get data from user master record(USR01 table) where BNAME = sy-uname.

check the decimal format, based on it convert u r currency. the decimal format will

available in field DCPFM.

Regards,

raghu.

0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

Yes, that was what I was looking for.

Thank you very much. Problem solved.

Guven