Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert pdf to gif/ External java program

former_member709664
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

a little description of the process: During the processing of the Abap program, I get from an external server pdf file which I need to pass to Adobe Forms and print it. (The main purpose of passing to Adobe Forms it set landscape document orientation on the left half of the page)

What I tried:

I didn't find a way, which I can use to passing to Adobe Forms pdf file directly therefore I prepared a Java program for converting it to a gif file. I tried calling as a .jar file and also as .exe file, but I faced a new problem with calling this program via the Abap program via FM 'SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE' with custom external operation system commands(sm69) with the name of external program cmd /C and additional parameter: the path to the java program - in the case passing jar file - program all the time in processing but without result, in the case exe file, program duration is 5 sec, but the file is not converted.

The second way I used cl_gui_frontend_services=>execute- this way converts the file correctly, but it requires interaction with a user to permit access to the file that I want to avoid.

The 3 way was to execute the bat file with content: pushd %~dp0 "convert.exe" or "convert.jar" popd - the same results mentioned above.

When I call jar, exe, bat file directly, the java program runs correctly, and in the and I got a converted file.

Question: Do you have any idea how I can solve this task?

Thanks and regards

Serhii

2 REPLIES 2

Tomas_Buryanek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do you choose which PDF file will be converted? Does the external program look in specific folder?

-- Tomas --

former_member709664
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Yes, the program looks in a specific folder