Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert IDoc to flat file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use t.code pu12 to generate Idoc,is there any way i could generate flat file instead of idoc directly. if so please tell the steps to do..

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hisu,

I dont know how to create a flat file instead the IDoc, but you can send the IDoc to a flat file, creating a type file port. If you send the IDoc in this way, you have the complete idoc in the flat file.

If you have to create a flat file using the data into the IDoc, but not with idoc format, you can use a type ABAP port. In this port, you have to put a function module name that process the idoc and create the flat file. Use the function module OWN_FUNCTION as example to create your own FM.

Regards

PabloX

0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

I have learned that you know how to convert an IDOC format to a flat file. I am having the same problem now. I need to convert an IDOC to a flat file to be transferred to an external system. You said that what can be done is to create a type file port. Can you please explain the steps further? I would really appreciate it. Thanks..

Regards,

Lalyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kisu,

I came to know after searching the site,that you have worked on PU12. Now i got a requirement to implement PU12 for Latin America and Asia Pacific, which consists of 20 countries. I had understood the functionality of PU12.

But i dont the process how to use PU12.

An idoc has to be generated after executing Pu12 after which the user will check the accuracy of the output in the Idoc, If every thingh is fine then they will transfer the Temse file to the client.

Am totally struck up and help less as no body has any idea about Pu12.Can you plz guide me throught the process.

Thanks in Advance .

Saharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI fields,

I am also facing same problem, i had done some of ways to convert idoc fomat to flat file fomat.

1. EDI

2. File content conversion and ABAP mapping using SAP XI

Here EDI scenario little bit complicated thatwhy we are choosing xi mechanism, but here no standard idoc, frequently idoc type was changing, whatever idoc i want to convert to flat file, any solutions please help me to sortout the problem

Thanks

Guna Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a FILEPORT uing transaction WE20 and assign the fileport to your outbound message type in processing option, you can give the physical path in fileport and create the flat file format of IDOC

0 Kudos

I created the fileport using trans WE10, and the IDoc is exported to a flat file when I manually start the "Standard Outbound processing" in WE19. Cool...

Now, I would like to configure the Outbound processing to automatically start when an IDoc is generated. How can I do this ??

Thanks...