Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COMMIT WORK: sequence of tasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Within the ABAP keyword documentation there is a list of 6 tasks mentioned which are triggered by the ABAP command COMMIT WORK.

First is that all subroutines which are registered are processed.

Second an internal event for persistence services is raised

Third all functions that are registered for update task are started.

Fiths a database commit is processed.

My question: is this the exact sequence of the system to process the different tasks?

(Background: I want to read database entries within an function in update task which are written within the same LUW. If the database commit is processed as last step, then eventually the data isn't available in update task, which is processed first.)

Many Thanks for help.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only after 'COMMIT WORK' is done, the entries are get stored permanently in database. thats y, u couldnt see the data in the updated task.

Hope this is helpful.

regards,

Ramya

0 Kudos

Hi,

it's not that I'm not able to understand the function of COMMIT WORK statement. Your answer is axactly what the online help describes.

My question is, if the database commit is the last step of all task which are processed by COMMIT WORK as described. In the online help there is a numbered list of steps fullfiled by commit work. Database commit has number 5 after functions in update task (number 2).