Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Column heading missing while using Fieldcatalog Merge

Harsh_Jain2512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have query for FM REUSE_ALV_FIELDCATALOG_MERGE, while  using this FM I am unable to get Column text(while displaying ALV) for one field of the structure.

Complete Scenario: I am using this FM for creating fieldcatalog automatically, for one field this FM is not able to display the column name i.e. for one field-- TLINE-TDLINE. I debugged the whole of the code but unable to find anything meaningful. Can anyone help in this or do I have to manually add the text for this field.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

karthikeyan_p3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

The column text will flow from data element Field lable. I guess you are using a structure which has a dataelement TDLINE. For TDLINE, there is no field lable maintained.

Use another data element which is of type CHAR 132. Or create any custom data element with char 132 and field lable which you require.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan

2 REPLIES 2

former_member289261
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assign the column heading manually for the field.

Modify the record for the field in the fieldcatalog field COLTEXT.

Regards,

Ashish

karthikeyan_p3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

The column text will flow from data element Field lable. I guess you are using a structure which has a dataelement TDLINE. For TDLINE, there is no field lable maintained.

Use another data element which is of type CHAR 132. Or create any custom data element with char 132 and field lable which you require.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan