Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

code review development

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi folks

i am working on a code review tool i.e. making manual process automation.if anyone has worked on the same earlier or has any inputs to share reply to this thread.

i already started working and need more inputs on some peculiar points which can be made part of this tool.normal select *, into table checking table is not empty before using for all entries, sort ,sy-subrc checks are already done .

regards

moorthy

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorty,

The following transactions will help you in automation of code review:

SLIN: Extended program check

SCI: Code Inspector check, where you can configure many things, incuding your naming convention. One of the powerful tool for code inspection. It even takes the nested loops, in-line comments, etc.

CODE_SCANNER: To scan the codes and strings if you do not want to appear in the code.

S_MEMORY_INSPECTOR: Memory inspection

SE30: Runtime Analysis

ST05: Performance Analysis

There are some of the new tools which are likely to come, like ABAP Cockpit Test, use for testing the required output.

Regards,

Hardik Mehta

0 Kudos

Dear Moorty,

Am also doing the same requirement. please share the code to <, email id removed>>

Please do the needful.

Message was edited by: Kesavadas Thekkillath