Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cl_salv_tree - bad performance while refreshing

jrgkraus
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

I have a cl_salv_tree-control in one of my application that holds plenty of data. Every time when a refresh is triggered by the class (i.e. after performing an added function) the user has to wait for the refresh. The control starts to flicker in the column title section and continues for several seconds - up to more than one minute, depending on the data amount in the control.

In some cases, I was able to speed up the refresh by switching off the visibility of the container before, and switching it on again after the refresh, but I assume this is a quite brutal workaround. In the case of ADDED_FUNCTION, I can switch off the visibility, but there is no hook for switching it on again. Do you have any ideas how to prevent the control from transferring each single row to the frontend while refreshing, and instead do one transfer only at the end of the refresh process?

Best regards

Joerg

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have same issue with cl_salv_tree, I handle  double_click event and call popup screen, but after closing this screen, my tree start refreshing. It takes 10-15 seconds. And I could not find solution.