Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cl_gui_frontend_services=>directory_create - Downloading to a USB Stick

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using the Class CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES method DIRECTORY_CREATE to create a folder and then load some files into it.  If I download the files on to my computer it works fine, but if I try to down load to a USB stick I get a DIRECTORY_ACCESS_DENIED error.  Does anyone know why this happening.  The requirement is to download to a USB stick.

Thanks,

Heidi

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heidi,

Even downloading to  USB will work fine.

May be there is no permission to create on the USB stick.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting question... I also would guess this should work for USB as well. But there is probably some problem with permissions at the OS level.

I've noticed that at least starting from Windows 7 (it wasn't like that in XP) OS has become completely paranoid (or maybe it's just our Help Desk). Now I cannot put any files on C drive root folder and even when just extracting innocent data from SAP (e.g. from an ALV report) to a local drive I'm getting requests to grant special permissions. It's super-annoying.

Actually try the same - download any standard report to that USB stick and see if it works or you get a no access message. It's likely not just your program.