Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cl_gui_alv_grid selection checkbox disappears when we default a layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Background:

I have developed an ABAP program using object oriented ALV using class cl_gui_alv_grid.This is a multi screen maintenance ALV. I have chosen to use the check box option to enable the user to select a row because I needed to perform certain tasks once a user selects a row. I have achieved this by defining the check boxes for line selection as hot spots.

Issue:

When I save a layout and mark it as default, the checkbox just disappears and the user now loses the ability to select a line. What do I need to do to allow the user to use their own default layouts without them losing the ability to select rows (the checkbox should be visible and the line should be selectable.)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Solved the problem by commenting the code that was passing the check box field 'SEL' as the 'BOX_FNAME' in the layout.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member

Solved the problem by commenting the code that was passing the check box field 'SEL' as the 'BOX_FNAME' in the layout.