Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CK11N exclude a BOM Component, which has material type PRT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We want to calculate in CK11N and exclude proper material components in CK11N, which are from material type PRT. I know it is possible to exclude it in BOM. But the department do not want to change the Boms. We need to exclude those materials by User exit/BADI. Please advise a user exit/BADI with whom we can achieve that. BR Dieter

2 REPLIES 2

mmcisme1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What happens when they do the actual cost and it contains the PRT values? Do they have a plan in place for that?

margaretk
Participant
0 Kudos

As Michelle advises, there are quite a few considerations when making changes that affect costing.

There is always a user exit/BAdI out there if you need one. But I would avoid implementing an enhancement in the CK11N. A cost change to the PRT component in the CK11N will affect the standard cost of the component as well as the top level material.

In my opinion, a better solution would be to set the Costing Relevancy flag (STPO~SANKA) in the BOMs to <blank> for the PRT components. This will exclude them from the costing structure.

You can then implement a BAdI in the CS01 / CS02 to ensure the Costing Relevancy flag is set correctly for added and changed lines according to the material type. I think the CHANGE_BEFORE_UPDATE method in the BOM_UPDATE BAdI would be a good choice.