Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese Language issue

former_member409998
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Since the project to allow users to login in Chinese language (ZH) we are getting some complaints about Standard and Z print Forms. The system is already live and working but when the user prints a form the font seems to change and sometimes it gets too long even to fit the lable (the data is cutt off).

I start debugging to try to find if a font was missing and I found something weird. The debugg font is very different when I debug in ZH (chinese) and any other language. So I think that something is missing on the Chinese logon.

Has anyone had this problem?

english-debug.png

chinese-debug.png

1 REPLY 1

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hopefully the issue is about "abap debugger font issue if Chinese login", not with Chinese language itself 😉

I think the GUI controls attempt using the closest installed font corresponding to the login language, guessing that you'll mainly display Chinese characters, and occidental characters would be rare. There are options in the SAP Logon about login/language/font features (refer to the help).