Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese characters as Junk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help me on Chinese junk characters in Excel.

I am picking Chinese characters from from Material master.

I am saving the data in Application server. When I download the same data from AL11 T-code the data looks good.

But When I pick data from app server and FTP to another server and store as CSV format, the characters are not stored as Chinese  character instead I can see only junk characters while downloading from the machine.

Thanks for your Help.

Joseph

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

In which format is it stored in Application server? And also can I know how you are transfering file from one Application server to another.

Thanks

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Something in your chain of events likely changes the code page of your file. How are you storing / FTP'ing or saving the CSV?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

i  too came across similar situations the first thing you need to check is have you installed Chinese font in your system ?  Open the Excel File--->Data---> From Text--->Give your File name ---> Select Delimited Radio Button--->Check Tab & Comma options in Check box---> Finish.