Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheking performance with code inspector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We try to develop a specific tools for checking performance (similaire to code inspector but more simple in usage ) , the most problem that we have is the comprehension of internal architecture of code inspector ( specially the usage of CL_CI * classes ), witch is very interesting but also a puzzle . we want to know if it's possible to reuse the architecture of Code inspector or it is easy to develop our new classes ?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Med

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rodrigo_paisante3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is very interesting, could be a useful application not only for you. Why dont you open your dev to open others, like SAPLINK and other famous devs? The community will love to help you I sure.

Think about this and if you want to do this, I can contribute a little too!

Best regards.

Rodrigo Paisante

6 REPLIES 6

rodrigo_paisante3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is very interesting, could be a useful application not only for you. Why dont you open your dev to open others, like SAPLINK and other famous devs? The community will love to help you I sure.

Think about this and if you want to do this, I can contribute a little too!

Best regards.

Rodrigo Paisante

0 Kudos

Hi,

Think all for the answers , because the use of CI interface is very involved , we have the idea to re engineer code inspector in order to develop our own solution but based in an internal architecture of the framwork CI , of course we will not reinvent the wheel .

All the checks are developed by the CI and we will use only the business core of the run function in the checks classes .

Best regards,

Med

former_member192616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> We try to develop a specific tools for checking performance (similaire to code inspector but more simple in usage ) ,

why would you reinvent the wheel?

> the most problem that we have is the comprehension of internal architecture of code inspector ( specially the usage of

> CL_CI * classes ), witch is very interesting but also a puzzle . we want to know if it's possible to reuse the architecture

> of Code inspector

have you checked this link which describes how to write a new check?

/people/peter.inotai/blog/2006/11/02/code-inspector--how-to-create-a-new-check

instead of rewriting SCI extending it might me a better idea...

Kind regards,

Hermann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Performance is checked with ST05 and SE30... I have an intensive check variant created for CI that checks a lot of stuff, including SLIN and ABAP UNIT, but I don't think of it as a measure of performance...Guess I'll have to look again...;-))

former_member194613
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first of all you should tell us, what you want to check.

There are so many nonsense recommendations made in connection with performance, which should not been

checked because they are nonsense. I can make examples:

+ the order of in fields in WHERE condition must be identical to the used index

+ avoid into corresponding

+ avoid nested loops

+ replace joins by for all entries

... and so on, see the performance Wiki pages in SDN, where I have added comments

So what is it what you want to check?

We have implemented into the code inspector most of the checks which really make sense. These checks are explained in detail

in three blogs by Randolf Eilenberger:

Code Inspectoru2019s Performance Checks (I)

/people/randolf.eilenberger/blog/2007/03/12/code-inspector146s-performance-checks-i

Code Inspectoru2019s Performance Checks (II)

/people/randolf.eilenberger/blog/2007/07/02/code-inspector146s-performance-checks-ii

you will find the newer number 3

Siegfried

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned by others, there are many tools that can be used to check the performance and naming conventions and track errors at coding level like extended program check (EPC), ABAP runtime analysis (tcode: se30) etc.

But if you want to modify Code inspector according to your project requirement, you can very well do that. Normally whenever you run Code inspector, it default checks your code with a Default variant. You can thus create your default check variant by going to Transaction SCI.

Your objects will be checked from then on with this local Default Check Variant. You can change or delete your Default variant any time from the result screen or within transaction SCI.

To create a Check Variant, in SCI enter a suitable name and click Create. You obtain a tree containing all check categories with their respective single checks. Add single checks to your Check Variant just by clicking the tree.

Note Some checks have attributes. These attributes can be set by clicking on the arrow in front of the check name. Attributes on the Pop-Up screen are selected by choosing Execute.

Asha