Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Notification Status-After Saving in IW21

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I am new to this forum so I apologize if the subject of my post has already been addressed...

I need to write an ABAP program to change the status of a notification to "NOCO" after the user saves the notification in IW21.

I know that while in IW21, the notification number is a temporary one, and a permanent one isn't assigned until the user saves new notification and the screen closes.

I think I can record the steps to complete the notification in IW22 via a BDC, but I need to capture the permanent notification number that was created on save and exit of IW21...

Any advice as to how I can retrieve the new notification number would be appreciated, or if another approach is best...

My thanks in advance.

Kim.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you save a notification, do you get a message indicating the number of the notification just created? If so, after the IW21 transaction is complete, in your program, use the appropriate system variable SY-MSGV1, SY-MSGV2, SY-MSGV3 or SY-MSGV4. One of them should contain the notification number.

Regards, Andy

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you save a notification, do you get a message indicating the number of the notification just created? If so, after the IW21 transaction is complete, in your program, use the appropriate system variable SY-MSGV1, SY-MSGV2, SY-MSGV3 or SY-MSGV4. One of them should contain the notification number.

Regards, Andy

0 Kudos

Yes, I do see a message at the bottom of the screen that shows the notification number... This is exactly what I need...

Thank you very much !!!

Kim.

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor

You can make use of the customer exit EXIT_SAPLMCI1_001, it triggers after save.

And the enhancement name is MCI10001

Edited by: Keshav.T on Sep 22, 2010 4:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

I think you can use BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_DATA_MODIFY and BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_SAVE.

Regards,

Caíque Escaler

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use this exit.

QQMA0014 - EXIT_SAPMIWO0_020. (Checks before saving a notification)

0 Kudos

Be careful not to use a commit work in this user exit.. It can cause problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please tell me how to change status in !W21 from OSNO to NOPR automatically , which Exit or Badi will be more suitable

Thanks & Regards

Dhananjay Mishra