Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes not effecting in Production..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a strange problem, where i made some changes to a report output layout in development system and tested same in test system.After successful testing in test system i transported the TR to production system where i checked all changed code is correctly reflected in Production system.Now when the report executes in production, the output layout display is not same as tested in test system i.e inspite of changed code in place in production,it is not effecting to produce desired result for which we had tested in test sytem successfully.

What could be the reason that code change is not effecting in production?

FYI: The report is run in background mode and report output display can be seen on the spool request generated for the same.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you tell what change did u made?

Regards,

Pavan

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it an ALV-based list? If so, can the output layout be set on the selection screen or is there a standard layout? Then you probably have to adjust the existing layouts for that list in production.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ALV based reports list are nopt visible in Background spool. For that Check if CL_GUI_ALV_GRID=>OFFLINE is set . If set then dont create ALV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a standard layout where i just changed the lenth of header text,changed the length of varibale field. For example

WRITE: 52(7) I_LFA1-LIFNR NO-ZERO RIGHT-JUSTIFIED,

• 60(20) I_LFA1-NAME1.

*Start of Changes DP04062009

62(20) I_LFA1-NAME1, "Report vendor name position changed"

*End of changes DP04062009

WRITE /2(78) T_LIST-HKONT.

*Start of Changes DP04062009

WRITE /2(118) T_LIST-HKONT. "Report G/L account name position changed"

*End of Changes DP04062009

Only position of varible along with length is changed .In Test system output is perfectly displaying.

0 Kudos

Check log of TR DP04062009 using se01-logs.

Check the feedback from production system after import - whether all objects have been activated successfully or not.

If job was released before your changes were applied in production, i think it will pick old code.

Regards,

Mohaiyuddin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The code was moved to production well in advance of job schedulled and released.TR successfully moved and changes were checked in production system. still could not know why this is happenning.

when same job i am running in test system and checking with spool generated, i am getting correct output layout for the program.