Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change the item sorting criteria in VA02/VA03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts¡¡¡

I need to perform a simple but dificult task.

I must sort the item lines in VA02, VA03 transaction by other criteria than Item number.

For example: sort the item lines by quantity or by plant or by any other criteria chosen by me.

Thank you very much and kind regards

Ibai

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Theoretically is easy: u need to sort the internal table xvbap for your criteria, that means to chamge the standard program of course.

The problem is to understant the impact can have a modification like that, i know the program uses the index to read the corrisponding record of other tables, something like this:

read table xvbap with .......

if sy-subrc = 0.

read table yvbap index SY-TABIX.

That could probably mean you need to sort many other table too

I don't know your goal, but before implementing it you should discuss about them to you functionals or users and try to undestand if it's necessary or if it cab be aborted

Max

Edited by: max bianchi on Nov 4, 2010 10:43 AM

former_member451655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

in the Exit - MV45AFZZ

try FORM USEREXIT_READ_DOCUMENT. I m not sure .just guessing .since those kind of a requirement i ve never met

Thx,

Dilum

Former Member
0 Kudos

The result is most likely to be abends, since the I* (index) versions of the internal tables will no longer match YVBAP and XVBAP. This is a very bad idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The result is most likely to be abends, since the I* (index) versions of the internal tables will no longer match YVBAP and XVBAP. This is a very bad idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like Max Bianchi or Break-Point already told you, this is a very dangerous development.

Your gain is quite low but the risks you take are very high.

It will take you a LOT of developing and testing time to get this requirement developed waterproof without disturbing SAP-Standard functionalities.

So this will be a very expensive development for your customer. You should recheck with the customer if the requrement is really so important that it rectifies such enourmos cost.

/edit adding some more info

See sorting the table in another way takes you 5 minutes, that aint the expensive part.

But testing if you then got interferences with XVBAP YVBAP or CVBAP or *VBAP and solving those, can take a lot of time which is hard to estimate. I wouldnt wonder if you invested around 10 days at the end.

Edited by: Florian Kemmer on Nov 4, 2010 12:51 PM