Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change screen element dynamically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement from a client. I have designed a screen. It has a box and it has few input output elements lets say F1 F2 F3 and F4 in the box. Now as per the requirment either F1 and F3 are visible or F2 and F4 are visible. Now that issue has been taken care of. The problem I am facing is

Lets say the alignment of the fields is F1 F2 F3 F4. Now when each of the fields are displayed, due to short visible lenght of the field, I am not able to enter all the values; Lets say If i enter the value 20000, the internal format of the field is 5 integer and 3 decimal and tahts length of 9; The data element is designed to accept the value, But due to lack of space on screen I have given the visible length as 8. So now when user enters 20000, it gives me an error; What solution I have come to is that since I hide the field F1,F3 and F2,F4 alternatively, I want to dynamically increase the visible length.

Is it possible?

Also other solutions are welcome, but please do understand that space and position is something i cannot compromise. Its specified by client.

thanks and regards,

Gaurav

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

It's difficult requirement....

Insted of Usin 4 fields... can u use 2 fields and dynamically change the title (text) shown in front of them based on condition?

Once u do that based on condition treat F1 as F1 or F3 and F2 as F2 or F4....

Hope this will solve u r issue...

Happy?

0 Kudos

Thanks Darshan,

I thght abt it earlier, but problem is when I use two boxes , or even the same box and change the title, the space stays occupied..

thats y i thght to move around..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While designing the input fields you have one option called scrollable. It's check box . Scrollable is used whenever the defined length of a field exceeds the visible length. Make use of this check box. Even it works in the display mode.

Br,

Laxmi.