Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Pointer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have to activate change pointer for the customer master(DEBMAS) whenever changes done in the few fields, few of them belong to KNA1 and few from ADRC.

I want to maintain fields from ADRC table in tcode BD52.

I found that ADRC table is not maintained in object DEBI(Change Pointer Object).

I want suggestion, whether should I create new change pointer object or there is other solution for that?

Thanks,

Rajesh

8 REPLIES 8

asik_shameem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Use change pointer object as ADRESSE for ADRC table.

0 Kudos

Hi Asik,

Thank for your reply,

Acctually I am writing wrapper program to submit changed customer(address change) to RBDSEDEB Program And I have to get all the customer for which address has been changed.

Some fields in customer address mapped to ADRC table fields.

I am using CHANGE_POINTER_READ to read the changes for the customer address. If I maintain ADRESSE in the BD52 for message type DEBMAS, then how should I get the customer for which changes has been done in ADRC table fields.

Hope my question is clear.

Wating for for your reply.........

Thanks,

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Hi

Why don't you use the standard program RBDMIDOC which automatically triggers change pointer for those table fields which mentioned in BD52.

0 Kudos

Acctually, RBDMIDOC generates IDOC for all customers for which changes done or created newly. But the requirement is to generate IDOC for the customer which belong to particular sales area.

IDOC should create if there is changes in address and customer excise number.

Thanks,

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

In FM CHANGE_POINTERS_READ, you are passing message type as some ZDEBMAS and object class as DEBI. aren't you?

There, it will refer the message type in BD52 and triggers the tables which are mentioned there.

So in BD52, add you object as ADRESSE - ADRC - whatever the fields. It will trigger ADRC table also in the FM, I believe.

Alternatively, you can add filter in BD64 (sales area as a filter) instead writing custom program for that.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.....

I got the things,

One more thing, what about the enties in BD60, do we have two entries for the same message type(ZDEBMAS)? One for KNA1 table and one for ADRC table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As customer/vendor master data do maintain Business Address services data, if you want to distribute via ALE customer/vendors data properly, you will have to enable change pointers for message types:

• DEBMAS and/or CREMAS

• ADR2MAS

• ADR3MAS

• ADRMAS

Then BD21 for the corresponding message types has to be run

Alain

former_member671224
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Im having the same kind of requirement in my hand now. Can you please guide me how to do this?

Thanks,

Amal