Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Payee name in Cheque while printing

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Before post this thread i tried for solution to the below query but i couldn't get required solution.

My end user wants to change the payee name at the time of cheque printing.

he is using fbz5 for that and he never stored the payee name(required name) anywhere.

he wants to give it at the time of cheque printing.

Is it possible.. if yes can u plz anyone suggest me.

Thanks in Advance

Edited by: anurag.radha on Oct 14, 2011 10:31 AM

Edited by: anurag.radha on Oct 14, 2011 10:46 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radha,

Do one thing while printing cheque from fbz5 you have a option to maintain name3 and name4 ,then from script call one custom program in that write one select query to get name3 or name4 from payr table with the input of doc no and year whatever you provide at fbz5 .

select single name3 name4 into u'r local variable from payr where VBLNR = fbz5-docno and GJAHR = FBZ5-YEAR.

then check if your variable not initial print name3 or name4 else print as it is.

this total code need write in custome routine.

or else better to ask to maintain alternative payee in xk01 .

Thanks & Regards

Nagesh

Edited by: emax nagu on Oct 14, 2011 1:32 PM

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radha,

its possible..

1st find the relevant user exit for tcode FBZ5

then you can code there for the asking Payee Name and pass it to the printing form.

or you can you FCH5 (manual cheque)

but best option is ask him to use alternative payee option.

Thanks in advance

Edited by: Nelson Rodrigo on Oct 14, 2011 4:57 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

can anyone guide me...?

Edited by: anurag.radha on Oct 14, 2011 1:15 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Radha,

Ask your end user to go home ,

Then you don't get this kind of stupid requirement.

Thanks & Regards

Nagesh

Edited by: emax nagu on Oct 14, 2011 1:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radha,

Do one thing while printing cheque from fbz5 you have a option to maintain name3 and name4 ,then from script call one custom program in that write one select query to get name3 or name4 from payr table with the input of doc no and year whatever you provide at fbz5 .

select single name3 name4 into u'r local variable from payr where VBLNR = fbz5-docno and GJAHR = FBZ5-YEAR.

then check if your variable not initial print name3 or name4 else print as it is.

this total code need write in custome routine.

or else better to ask to maintain alternative payee in xk01 .

Thanks & Regards

Nagesh

Edited by: emax nagu on Oct 14, 2011 1:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

he is using fbz5 for that and he never stored the payee name(required name) anywhere.

auditors should love that....user wants to print a check, using a payee that only exists in his mind....would he like to have my name and address to put on those checks (if he's not planning to use his own)?

Seriously, you can't do this if you cannot obtain the payee name via program or enhancement/exit coding in current output program, and the process needs the business accounting folks' agreement that this is acceptable, IMHO.