Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change log indicator in Table maintenance view

arindam_samanta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In table maintenance view, we can add new data, delete old data or modify existing data. We can maintain the change log in header table CDHDR and item table CDPOS.

Is there any way to get to know the update indicator (CDPOS-CHNGIND, Change type (U, I, E, D)) dynamically if we write any code in table maintenance event like 02?

Because I need to use 02 event for TMG. From this event I want to maintain the change log. In this event I want to know the update indicator( U,I,E,D).

Any possible solution would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks & Regards,

Arindam Samanta.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I had understood your question properly, you want to know the change indicator before its being updated in CDPOS table right?

In that case, you could fetch value_old from CDPOS and compare with your current value.

You will come to know whether it is a insert / delete / update operation.

Best Regards,

Abirami

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please put a break point and check these two internal tables EXTRACT and TOTAL. Extrack will have the indicator for you which line is changed.

Nabheet

0 Kudos

Hi Nabheet,

I checked these two tables. Both have the same value. How to get the old value in this situation?

I tried one select statement to get old value from Database table. But here also I did not get old value.

Thanks & Regards,

Arindam Samanta.

0 Kudos

Actually you are checking after the data is saved in database event. What ypu can do is use thw before save event and call your change document stuff in update task to make sure they are written if data is saved actually