Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change GUI local settings via an ABAP program...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to change the settings of the GUI local settings (Alt+F12->Options) via some kind of function module call?.

We need to default one GUI local layout setting for ALL users, as requested from above.

Jas

4 REPLIES 4

0 Kudos

I think you misunderstood the requirements. The link points to dynpro gui status, which is not what I want to achieve. Try pressing Alt-F12 and looking at the options tab. This is the data that I would like to change via an ABAP program, if possible.

Jas

0 Kudos

I think you misunderstood the requirements. The link points to dynpro gui status, which is not what I want to achieve. Try pressing Alt-F12 and looking at the options tab. This is the data that I would like to change via an ABAP program, if possible.

Jas

0 Kudos

Firsty, apologies for the duplicate entries, you would have thought this might have been filtered out by the website.

So far I have found that the settings for the SAPGUI are probably held in the registry, although I have not found them yet. By SAPGUI I mean the settings you see when you press ALT-F12->Options in a SAP session. I am attempting to set the 'Dialog box as error message' checkbox automatically via an ABAP program. This is at the request of our audit team and so I am investigated to see whether it can be achieved.

I have been told the get/set FM's to read/write to the local PC's registry but as mentioned I have not found the values yet and I am beginning to think they are held somewhere.

Jas