Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDS view authorization - Is existing SAP ECC authorization enough?

0 Kudos

Hello,

Can somebody do me a favor and clarify the concept of ABAP CDS authorization ABAP 7.4 sp 18.

There is existing SAP ECC authorization in place. Is something else needed to establish the authorization for ABAP CDS views or the existing SAP ECC (existing roles with restriction) will be enabled once I add annotation "AccesControl.Authorizationcheck"?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dmitry_kuznetsov1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Alex,

Conceptually speaking, if a CDS view has authorization check switched on, it also needs a Access Control (aka DCL Source) that defines the rules for data authorizations. It can be one or more literals, can be PFCG-derived or the mix of the two. You can seek examples in any recent ABAP system in the package SABAPDEMOS.

In practice, this authorization check is, normally, switched on on the composite views, often case CUBE, only. Then they are somehow inherited by the queries running on top of them.

As for the versions, I will not be very exact with SPs of 7.4, but I would personally avoid doing anything CDS-related before 7.5.

Cheers

----------

Dmitry Kuznetsov

BI Consulting

1 REPLY 1

dmitry_kuznetsov1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Alex,

Conceptually speaking, if a CDS view has authorization check switched on, it also needs a Access Control (aka DCL Source) that defines the rules for data authorizations. It can be one or more literals, can be PFCG-derived or the mix of the two. You can seek examples in any recent ABAP system in the package SABAPDEMOS.

In practice, this authorization check is, normally, switched on on the composite views, often case CUBE, only. Then they are somehow inherited by the queries running on top of them.

As for the versions, I will not be very exact with SPs of 7.4, but I would personally avoid doing anything CDS-related before 7.5.

Cheers

----------

Dmitry Kuznetsov

BI Consulting