Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDS error - Error reading infoprovider - CDS view cannot be interpreted as an InfoProvider

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have been struggling to fix the error in my consumption CDS view. The CDS view is active and I can display data, however, I get an Error reading infoprovider as shown in the screen shot after activation.

Basically, I am trying to create a consumption view based on 2 CDSes using @VDM.viewType: #BASIC and @Analytics.dataCategory: #CUBE. The source of the underlying CDS is a table function view.

I have gone through online materials and tried some of the solutions recommended but it is not just working for me.

Basic CDS view 1

@AbapCatalog.sqlViewName: 'Zbasicview1'
@AbapCatalog.compiler.compareFilter: true
@AccessControl.authorizationCheck: #NOT_REQUIRED
@VDM.viewType: #BASIC
@Analytics.dataCategory: #CUBE
@Analytics.dataExtraction.enabled: true<br>
Basic cds view 2
@AbapCatalog.sqlViewName: 'Zbasicview1'
@VDM.viewType: #BASIC
@Analytics.dataCategory: #CUBE
@Analytics.dataExtraction.enabled: true
CONSUMPTION VIEW
@AbapCatalog.sqlViewName: 'ZCONSUMPTION'
@VDM.viewType: #CONSUMPTION
@Analytics.query: true
@OData.publish: true

4 REPLIES 4

ThorstenHoefer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lorenzo,

I faced a similar error. The reason was missing authorization for the namespace "2C".

Regards

Thorsten

0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not think the reason is related to missing authourization for 2C* namespace because I do not have the issue if I change the CDS to read from a single CDS with @VDM.viewType: #BASIC. The issue arises if I am using a a joining between 2 CDS views with underlying table function CDS views.

thanks,

Lorenzo

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After numerous trials, I have now resolved the issue and this is what found.

- CDS view with @VDM.viewType: #BASIC and @Analytics.dataCategory: #CUBE should only have @DefaultAggregation: #SUM for measures. the mistake I made was that I also include @EndUserText.label:

- CDS view with @VDM.viewType: #CONSUMPTION , @Analytics.query: true , @OData.publish: true should only contain select statement. Earlier, I had the code to join 2 different CDSes. So now I created a basic view with the join statement, then run a select statement in the consumption view

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please try to add these 2 annotations in the header?

@VDM.viewType: #CONSUMPTION ,

@Analytics.query: true

Then see the API state and if not released release it as C1 and check the checkboxes you see. Now test and check.

I faced same issue and the Info provider name is always 2C + the SQL view name there is In my knowledge no name space kind of issues to be addressed but gain I started with analytics a couple of months back. Please try and share with us how you solved.

Regards,

Prasenjit