Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDPOS Behavior on making a change in change document enabled table

former_member579349
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you please confirm on below points:

1. When any change document enabled table(say t1) gets changed then an entry gets added to the CDPOS with change Number incremented by 1 w.r.t. the previous entry present in CDPOS. That previous entry can be there because of change in any other table(say t2)

2. For any change in change document enabled table,atleast an entry will get added to CDPOS and CDHDR both.

(Change Document Enabled Table -- Table which is part of a change document object)

Thanks,

Partish

6 REPLIES 6

GK817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What exactly do you mean by 'change document enabled table'? Please provide bit more details.

former_member579349
Participant
0 Kudos

gaurav.karkara3 I meant any table which is part of a change document object.

I have edited the question description as well.

GK817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Partish,

My assumption is that for your table, change document object exists like MATERIAL for material data.

Now, only if any change document enabled field's value is changed ( not any field value ), an entry would be created in CDHDR & CDPOS. Field's data element should have 'Change Document' checkbox ticked for it to create an entry in CDHDR & CDPOS.

GK

0 Kudos

Thanks gaurav.karkara3 .

Yeah I meant change to a field which has been marked for Change Document.

So just for confirmation if I have understood it right, you mean for any change to such field there will always be an atleast one entry in both CDPOS and CDHDR.

Also can you please confirm on first part of my question. For each new entry in CDPOS or CDHDR, change document number(for this new entry) will be incremented by one w.r.t. the previous Change document Entry in CDPOS. And there can be a case that these two CDPOS entries came due to changes in different Change document objects.

GK817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In CDPOS, for change in different change objects, there will be different entries. There could be multiple entries for a single change object as well if change is made in multiple change enabled fields. I hope that helps.

I suggest you to try it in your system to understand how changes are logged. You will have much better understanding than the answer here.

0 Kudos

gaurav.karkara3 I have already tried. But I was looking for the confirmation from a SAP Expert on my understanding.