Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier guidelines PLEASE!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have H1B and m an ABAPer having experiance ( even haveing abroad experiance ).

So, in addition to my ABAP skills what I need to focus on .Have some months of experiance on ALE/IDOCS also.

Which skills I need to focus. What are the things I need to learn . Could someone guide me .

THAKS A LOT .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John

The way to go depends on your aims. If you want to immerse into complex and demanding ABAP development then I highly recommend to learn and understand ABAP-OO. Understanding ABAP-OO basically means to understand how to analyse a problem and realise the solution in an object-oriented manner.

I think SAP itself is not the best way to learn OO principles. I took a postgraduate ("Java Programmer") where I gained lots of insights into OO that I could easily transfer to ABAP.

Anyway, any business knowledge will always be an asset.

Regards

Uwe

2 REPLIES 2

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John

The way to go depends on your aims. If you want to immerse into complex and demanding ABAP development then I highly recommend to learn and understand ABAP-OO. Understanding ABAP-OO basically means to understand how to analyse a problem and realise the solution in an object-oriented manner.

I think SAP itself is not the best way to learn OO principles. I took a postgraduate ("Java Programmer") where I gained lots of insights into OO that I could easily transfer to ABAP.

Anyway, any business knowledge will always be an asset.

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

IN addition to Uwe's answer I would recommend some ABAP OO reading. Object Oriented ABAP books are available and the one written by Horst Keller is very good.

Also, you are at the right spot. SDN has tons of info about OO programming.

I am about to realease a high level OO introduction WebLog for Functional people. I know it is not your case but it could help you giving a 10000 feet overview.

If you send me your email address I will let you know when the Weblog goes Final.

Leonardo De Araujo