Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use the same message type in partner profile

0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have been given the task of optimizing an interface for material master....The existing inbound FM has been copied and a new FM has been created in which we are doing the optimization....trying to improve the performance and removing redundant code etc.....

We shall be using the same message and Idoc type.....the process code will change to incorporate the new optimized FM. We plan to keep the original and the new FM....once the new FM satisfies the criteria....the old one will be kind of decommisioned in production.....

I would like to know whether it is possible to create a partner profile specifying the same message type in inbound parameters.....can we specify the same message ype twicw with 2 separate process codes.....

If such a scenario is feasible....I would like to know how we can determine which Idoc is been triggered with respect to which specific code.....as we r using the same Idoc type and message type......

We are using PI as the middleware....Is there any other specific setting that they need to do to distinguish the Idocs been sent....

Kindly advice...

Cheers,

ES

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eswar,

Why you want to keep both the process code into system for same message type?

As per my understanding, once you have new FM with optimized code. Try to to test it and analyze its processing time compare to previous one in testing system.

Regards,

Sudeesh Soni