Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use text in place of sender while sending E-mail through CL_BCS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm currently sending E-mail through the class CL_BCS and the sender is currently set as 'SY_UNAME'.

The E-mail sending part is run automatically as a job and sender is currently the person who scheduled the job.

Now will i be able to use some plain text like 'XYZ Ltd' in place of sender?

Is this possible? Please help me out...

Thanks in Advance,

Arun Prakash.

Edited by: A.ARUN PRAKASH on May 3, 2011 7:40 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can refer to the demo program BCS_TEST10 for the different sender & recipient settings which can be set using the BCS classes.

Check the method call SETU_SENDER( ) - line 218.

Cheers,

Suhas

4 REPLIES 4

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can refer to the demo program BCS_TEST10 for the different sender & recipient settings which can be set using the BCS classes.

Check the method call SETU_SENDER( ) - line 218.

Cheers,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

Thanks but the thing is they are using the sender as either a SAP User or a Internet E-mail Address.

But what I require is a plain text to be set as a sender like ' ABC Ltd' or 'Mailing Services' etc. I need to know if there is any way in which i can achieve this!

Thanks,

Arun Prakash.

0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

In the selection-screen of BCS_TEST10 pass any plain text e.g., XYZ Ltd in the Sender field & maintain the user type as U.

After executing the program check the "Sender" in SOST it'll maintained as "XYZ Ltd". In short, the method

cl_cam_address_bcs=>create_internet_address( ) doesn't check the valdity of the email address you input

Hope i am clear.

BR,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

Thanks, That was very helpful.

Arun.