Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we capture details of program being executed in foreground?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am facing an issue in a Y-TCode. This Y-TCode is scheduled to run multiple times daily, the requirement is that no user in the system should run the same TCode manually in the foreground while the scheduled job is running in the background. I know that if a user runs the TCode in background then we can capture the job details and prevent him from doing it. But I am not sure how to stop him if he runs the TCode in the foreground.

Can someone help me on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Kalyan.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP provides a locking mechanism. Search the forum - the same question was answered late last week

0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply, I have already tried the lock mechanism but it is not working as desired and an OSS message is already open with SAP for that and they are working on it.

But in the meanwhile I was wondering if there's any other way to capture the online program execution details. My hunch is that it is not possible but if you or anyone has an idea do let me know.

Thanks.

Kalyan.