Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use F4 when try to test Z_INPUT_CUSTOMER function module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm buy book "ABAP Objects" 2nd edition 2007 and try to make all exampless my self. All my examples have prefix Y (in program already used prefix Z by book authors). When i'm make reservation car example i have trouble to test my example with function module.

Can't use F4 when try to test Y_INPUT_CUSTOMER function module.

And i try to find error in Z_INPUT_CUSTOMERS. Bethween my program and builtint example i found 1 diffirence: built in example have object SREEN 1100 in tree OBJECT NAVIGATOR. When i try to make new srceen happents error (already exist). Because in module declared screen 1100.

How can i fix error?

Best Regards.

zekrus@gmail.com

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikolas,

In the example he has created a screen and took the field from dictionary thats why he is getting the F4. You also create a screen and take the field from dictionary you will get the f4. While creating the screen give a different number preferable between 9000 to 9999.

Keep going. All the best.

Reward points if useful,

Aleem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Double lick on screen 1100 you will get Screen with module pool program

then go to layout you can check ALV container and its properties.

Now in your program crete the screen with 9000 number then double click on it

say yes for crete then create the same module pool program and layout as you seen before for screen 1100. save and activate

Rewards if useful...........

Minal

0 Kudos

I make new normal screen 9000 (there no selection screen check point available). And when i try to test function module a have error "No help available". 1100 screen already exists.

Please help to fix my problem.

0 Kudos

you need to check screen 1100.

There are some events that may defined there like

field xxx on help-request (from memory) that will drive the F4 popup...

In general however this is linked to the DDIC definition...

Enjoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thank every one. I have found my mistake. I forgot to make search help for id in table customers.

Best regards.