Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone clarify me about Transport of copies request release

kirankumark2
Participant
0 Kudos

I have created a transport of copies request with destination as my Quality system and i have included sub tasks of three workbench requests in it. Now, if i want to release newly created Transport of copies request, which of the following approach i need to follow

1. Do i need to release 3 workbench requests separately and then transport of copies request next OR directly can i release newly created transport of copies request?

2. Earlier i have mentioned target system as Quality, now if i want to move the same TR to Production, am i need to change the Destination system?

1 REPLY 1

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

1. When you release a transport request, whatever type it is, the current version of objects are saved to a file, the system doesn't check other transport requests. If the objects are not locked in this transport request, there will just be a warning but no technical difference.

2. I feel it's not mandatory, but I'm not sure, maybe there are some system parameters to protect from illegal imports... But be careful with Production, it's not advised to import anything directly, without being in the other systems first, you should better use the classic transport routes from the development system. More information here: Transport Management with Transports of Copies, by Joe Markgraf, on 2012/11/13