Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not delete function module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I created a function module by copying an existing one. By doing so, now I got a problem that I can not change the parameter name under table tab. I want to change the output table name, but it is grayed out. I can change the association of the parameter but cannot rename the parameter (table name). Is there a way that I can modify that?

I tried deleting the function I created but it does not allow me to do so, gives error that it is under different tasks. I went to SE09, and got rid of the function under the task, but still not able to delete the function. Keep giving me same error messages. Just to let you know that the function I copied was a third party function.

Thanks for your help in advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want you can verywell rename the import and export parameter values. While doing so it gives errors but ignore it and change it and change the parameter name in the code and activate it finally.

Also if you want to delete the function module then delete from the request and then delete it from se37 transaction.

Thanks,

Srinivas

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want you can verywell rename the import and export parameter values. While doing so it gives errors but ignore it and change it and change the parameter name in the code and activate it finally.

Also if you want to delete the function module then delete from the request and then delete it from se37 transaction.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your reply. If I try to change the name of the table parameter. It does not allow me. I mean I can not even type anything. It is grayed out. It stays grayed out even when I try to change, the only thing comes alive or I can change, is the association to it. The only problem is the parameter name.

How to un-gray that parameter name? Any Ideas?

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

When I am trying here it is working.

Try this. Put the cursor on particular parameter name in table and then click on DELETE ROW button, then the row will be created. Again try to recreate.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Click on the plus sign symbol, it will add up a new line & then you can start declaring the parameter.

Regards.

IFF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Well the problem is solved...the reason why I could not edit the parameter name is due to the fact that it was a third party function I copied...and to trace the modifications they had "modification assistance" on. So what I needed to do is only go to Edit->modifications->switch off assistance

By doing so, it gave me a warning that the modificatons will not be marked...but in my case that was fine...so I just ignored the warning and went ahead. That is the way I was able to edit the parameter name and it was not grayed out anymore...

thanks for all who replied!