Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help me to print from the document view TO the SPOOLER eg using ALINK_CONNECTIONS_DISPLAY

former_member395950
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am trying to write an abap that will allow users to select given archived documents and print them to the SP01 spooler, so they can print them out.

I have managed to create an email and send it with the given documents but I am unable to print the required doco's to the spooler.

Any ideas samples of functions would be of help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

oliver_wurm
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

you will not be able to send files with various file types to the SAP Spooler. For PDFs there is a function module called ADS_CREATE_PDF_SPOOLJOB but I haven't seen that working (maybe worth a try anyhow).

If you have a e.g. MS Word or MS Excel Document SAP would have to do the conversion of that Format into Printer language and that is not possible,

There are products called Batch Print Servers which can be used to send these file types to for printing. But that would not involve the SAP Spooler ...

Hope that makes sense.

Regards

Oliver

2 REPLIES 2

oliver_wurm
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

you will not be able to send files with various file types to the SAP Spooler. For PDFs there is a function module called ADS_CREATE_PDF_SPOOLJOB but I haven't seen that working (maybe worth a try anyhow).

If you have a e.g. MS Word or MS Excel Document SAP would have to do the conversion of that Format into Printer language and that is not possible,

There are products called Batch Print Servers which can be used to send these file types to for printing. But that would not involve the SAP Spooler ...

Hope that makes sense.

Regards

Oliver

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the help.

I used the attached program and a printer set up to email as a test, we (basis) will set up another printer to handle the pdf without the emailing.
This worked well.

I retrieved the document, converted it to string and fired it to spooler, all ok.

The attached program is a large work in progress in dev, so don't be too critical.

Thanks again for the idea.