Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling tcode from module pool & NOT going back to moduel pool...how to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

the scenario is i have a modue pool program in which when i click on the 'REPORTS' button it takes me to the selection screen of that particular simple report (i have used CALL TRANSACTION 'ZREPORT' here) now when i execute without entering any values in the selection screen it should show me the error in status bar . but it is taking me back to the moduel pool program gui (i.e after PAI it goes through the PBO again and displays the moduel pool) but obviously the same selection screeen should be displayed again with error msg in status bar and screen ready for input...when i execute this report indivisually it is working fine..but from moduel pool its taking me back to the PBO..which i dun want.

can annyone please help wat to do in this situation.

1 MORE THING : if i use addition OBLIGATORY in the selection screen then it works fine ..no pbm at all but if i dun make any field as OBLIGATORY and then check each value in seelction screen for SPACE and display error message ..then above problem is happning. !!

Points for sure

Thanks in advance

Nilesh

5 REPLIES 5

0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using CALL TRANSACTION in the PAI module.

Are you rasing any error in the AT SELECTION-SCREEN event block of the report.

If there is not data entered in the selection screen you should raise an error there in the event block

AT SELECTION-SCREEN event block not in the PAI of the module pool.

Make sure you are using message type 'E' in this event block so that selection screen shown again to the user.

Regards,

Sesh

0 Kudos

hey

i am using call trnasaction in PAI

the errors are raised in the AT SELECTION-SCREEN event of the report

and yes the tyep fo error is set to E

but stilll the problem is there

Nilesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

May be its beacuse you not using any thing in ON of the AT SELECTION-SCREEN

Can you try using AT SELECTION-SCREEN ON instead.

In that case the focus will bo back to that field, since you are just giving an error may be its just existing.

Also may be you can think of using the option SUMBIT instead or LEAVE TO TRANSACTION or may be you can use CALL SELECTION-SCREEN 1000.

Regards,

Sesh

0 Kudos

HI

i used both the options that u suggested , i used at selection-screen on block since there are many fields to be checkekd and i have used blobk to group them . also i checked the call selection-screen 1000 but since this screen i havnt definied in my moduel pool pgm ( its the screen of the report)..its giving me short dump that screen 1000 doesnt exists ..

is there any any option like Call transaction with some screenno to begin with ..then i guess its possible otherwise not !!!

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to use the SUBMIT statment in the PAI event, when the Button is clicked then write teh SUBMIT statment.

*Code used to populate 'select-options' & execute report  
DATA: seltab type table of rsparams,
      seltab_wa like line of seltab.

seltab_wa-selname = 'PNPPERNR'.
  seltab_wa-sign    = 'I'.
  seltab_wa-option  = 'EQ'.

* load each personnel number accessed from the structure into
* parameters to be used in the report
  loop at pnppernr.
    seltab_wa-low = pnppernr-low.
    append seltab_wa to seltab.
  endloop.
  SUBMIT zreport with selection-table seltab
                                via selection-screen.   " This will gives the Selection screen
" If you do not want the selection screen then do not write this statment

Regards

Sudheer