Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling screen in change mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.,

I have designed the custom screens with create,change,display mode..

1. In the creation mode, after saving the data.. the ID will be generated.

2. In the change/display mode.. by giving the ID and hitting enter key the data will be displayed..

Now..,I want to the call the transaction in Change mode( which am already doing using call transaction <tcode> stmt) passing the ID and at the same time dispalying the data without hitting the enter key..

Is it possible to display the data without hitting the enter key ? i mean we should pass ID and also the relevant data of that id should be displayed ..

thanks

suresh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, it is possible to display the data without hitting the enter key

- it just depends on how You do the coding part.

I would check in PBO if the ID is known (in defined variable, memory id, etc.) and read corresponding data to fill rest of screen elements.

I think that You have such code in PAI section, which is executed after user action - PBO is executed before screen is displayed.

Regards,

--

Przemysław

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, it is possible to display the data without hitting the enter key

- it just depends on how You do the coding part.

I would check in PBO if the ID is known (in defined variable, memory id, etc.) and read corresponding data to fill rest of screen elements.

I think that You have such code in PAI section, which is executed after user action - PBO is executed before screen is displayed.

Regards,

--

Przemysław

0 Kudos

yes. i have that coding ( after hitting the enter key) in PAI event

how exactly we can do that ?.. any example or link.pls

0 Kudos

Hi,

check documentation of PROCESS BEFORE OUTPUT.

Here is small example:

In screen 100:

PROCESS BEFORE OUTPUT.
  MODULE data_0100.

In output module for screen 100:

MODULE data_0100 OUTPUT.
  IF gv_doc_id IS NOT INITIAL.
    PERFORM read_data.
  ENDIF.
ENDMODULE.                 " DATA_0100  OUTPUT

Regards,

--

Przemysław

0 Kudos

thanks alot.. ..but how can we pass the id from other program to screen(tcode)...coz am using call transaction <tcode> stmt..using this we cannot pass id to screen...

do u advise to use any other stmt for passing id from prog to tcode...

thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

if You are passing from another program, then EXPORT TO MEMORY would be correct.

Check the documentation.

Regards,

--

Przemysław

0 Kudos

Set the the parameter value and than use call transaction with skip first screen option

Nabheet