Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling F4-helps via RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are planning to move an existing SAP Dynpro application to a separate system. Some R/3 master data (like cost center, company code, customer no, ...) is stored on another system. We want to redirect the F4 helps of our application to use the values of the master data system.

What is the best (and easiest) way to redirect the F4-helps?

Cheers,

Björn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the best would be creating new custom fm for each F4 fm, where you use Remote-Enabled Module as processing type . In FM body place code for using F4 function, then call this new FM with DESTINATION parameter (via RFC).

Regards

Marcin

3 REPLIES 3

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the best would be creating new custom fm for each F4 fm, where you use Remote-Enabled Module as processing type . In FM body place code for using F4 function, then call this new FM with DESTINATION parameter (via RFC).

Regards

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found a better approach, however, it is still not perfect:

I can use function module RHF4_RFC_FIELD_VALUE_REQUEST to call the F4 help in the remote system. However, the automatic field transport is not done by the input help. So I still have to use the DYNP_READ and DYNP_UPDATE function modules do fill the fields... Not perfect, but better than programming a fm for each search help indivually.

Does anyone know a better solution?

Regards

Björn

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.