Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a subscreen from a function module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am implementing a BADI, and in the PUT method of the BADI, I am calling a "Z" function module. In the function module I am doing a call transaction to call a customized screen.

This works fine as long as the attribute of the customized screen is normal, but when I change the attribute of the customized screen to subscreen, it dumps. The dump does not have any info about the reason for the dump.

I want to call a customized screen keeping the screen attribute as subscreen (module pool).

How do I do that? Please help with the syntax.

Thanks in advance.

Mick

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you have changed the properties of screen only.

I assume you have made a Ztransaction Code.

When you define a transaction code, you need to specify a screen number for radio option program and screen and you need to specify a screen and not subscreen.( I think so!!)

You changed only the code without changing the transaction code properties.

Therefore, i think u r getting a dump.

If you want to call your subscreen, call it in some screen and then call that screen using your transaction code properties.

To include a subscreen screen in the subscreen area of the main screen and call its PBO flow logic, use the following statement in the PBO event of the main screen:

PROCESS BEFORE OUTPUT.

CALL SUBSCREEN <area> INCLUDING <prog> <dynp>.

To call the PAI flow logic of the subscreen screen, use the following statement in the PAI flow logic of the main screen:

PROCESS AFTER INPUT.

CALL SUBSCREEN <area>.

Refer:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas630/helpdata/en/9f/dbabfe35c111d1829f0000e829fbfe/content.htm

Regards,

Tanveer.

Please mark helpful answers.

Message was edited by: Tanveer Shaikh

Message was edited by: Tanveer Shaikh

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Tanveer.

One more thing that I would like to add is that, the error message that I am getting

"Screen SAPLZ_CUST_SCREEN 1001 must not be an Include screen"

Also I am displaying the screen in the web and I am seeing the dump in the web.

Thanks,

Mick

0 Kudos

Hi,

It will NOT work as the Sub screen has to be placed on a SUB SCREEN element on the main screen where you are going to call the sub screen.

The usual process is you have a MAIN screen and you place the SUB SCREEN control on that. On this SUB SCREEN you call the sub screens dynamically, right. In your case you don't have a main screen, so the dump.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

As i said earlier.. u need to call the subscreen inside some screen. You are directly calling the subscreen in your transaction code which actually should have been a screen call.

You dont have a screen to display the subscreen and hence you are getting a dump!!

Regards,

Tanveer.

Please mark helpful answers.

0 Kudos

Thanks Tanveer/Ravi.

This is what I have done. I have created a screen, No 1002 (main screen), type normal. In this screen I have created a sub screen area. I have also created a screen type subscreen number 111. In the PBO of this main screen, I have written the code

CALL SUBSCREEN SUBSCR111 INCLUDING SY-REPID 111

In the PAI of the main screen I have written the code

CALL SUBSCREEN SUBSCR111

I have also written suitable code for PBO and PAI for subscreen 111.

I have activated all the screens.

Now when I execute, I do not get a dump but I get the error:

"CALL SUBSCREEN: SAPLZSRM_CUST_SCREEN 1002 NO_DYNPRO_NUMBER"

Please help!!!!!

Thanks,

Mick

0 Kudos

try putting quotes round the 111:- '111'.... or use a variable which holds the value '111'.

You would need to populate this variable in the PBO.

0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

one other possibility is that the program involved is not sy-repid. Make sure the call subscreen references the program the subscreen belongs to, i.e. it might not be sy-repid.

0 Kudos

Mick,

This is the right way of doing it now, as now you have a MAIN screen and that you have a sub screen, like the way I have explained in my previous post.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers and close the thread if the issue is resolved.

former_member186741
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

sorry but subscreens can only be accessed from the screen flow logic (not native abap) via CALL SUBSCREEN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi james,

thes3 are the steps to be followed :

1. in the pbo of the main screen, write the stmt :

CALL SUBSCREEN SUBSCR111 INCLUDING SY-REPID num .

2. In the main pgm, decalare a variable num type sy-dynnr.

3. In the PAI of main screen assign num = '111' .

Regards,

Kunal.