Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a FM from remote system !

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a function module in System 'B'. I need to call that FM from system 'A'. The problem is

1. I do not have the FM present in System A.

2. In system 'A', I do not have the structures, data elements, domain of  the Importing & Exporting parameters of FM that is present in System B.

im planning to create all the dictionary objects in system 'A'  Is that the only way?

Thanks,

Karthik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GirieshM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

1. RFC FM helps to use the FM from System B to System A

2. The importing and exporting parameters has to be created in your source system (System A) that should be fit to your System B FM because it is going to handle the data which is provided by the RFC FM in your current working program.

With Regards,

Giriesh M

3 REPLIES 3

GirieshM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

1. RFC FM helps to use the FM from System B to System A

2. The importing and exporting parameters has to be created in your source system (System A) that should be fit to your System B FM because it is going to handle the data which is provided by the RFC FM in your current working program.

With Regards,

Giriesh M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthikeyan,

Even though, the FM you are calling is from different system (B), the exporting and importing parameters are from the source system (A). Hence, you have to create all the respective domains, data elements and structures in source system (A) in order to declare the importing and exporting parameters in the source system.

Regards,

Imran.

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes create the objects and call via RFC