Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call transaction for less than 10,000 records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Is call transaction advisable for processing less than 10,000 records.

I want to use call transaction for each record and if it fails, pass it to an opened bdc session for manual processing by functional consultants. At the same time, I have to write a report with successful and errored records. Is my approach the only way? Any other ideas are welcome and appreciated

Thanks

ricky

1 REPLY 1

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its completely safe.

Check the return table for all message type E and then recreate your Error table and pass it to BDC open session and can be executed from SM35 in foreground mode. But what happen if there are more say 100 or 200 error records are there.Its not feasible to go and run each record in Foreground mode.Instead Display the error records in an editable ALV with the error message trap from the CALL Transaction return table and let the consultant correct then on the screen and download it, modify it to suit the upload procedure of your report. Then reprocess the file.

Also, display the audit report based on that table.

Regards,

Amit