Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CALL FUNCTION 'WS_QUERY'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

what is the use of CALL FUNCTION 'WS_QUERY' can any one give in which situvation we ill use it and what probles we get in upgradation.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Queries the file parameters and environment variables on the presentation server ie to check whether the particular file or directory exist. The length or the existence of files can be determined. It Execute Query Functions on Presentation Server

This module is obsolete. Use the appropriate module from the function group SFES.

The appropriate function modules from funciton group SFES.

GUI_GET_DESKTOP_INFO

GUI_GET_FILE_INFO

GUI_EXEC

GUI_RUN etc

The Equivalent Function Module for WS_QUERY-File Exist in ABAP 4.7 is

CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES=>FILE_EXIST or WS_QUERY-Directory Exist is CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES=>DIRECTORY_EXIST.

Thanks,

Vinay

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WS_QUERY is already OBSOLETE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Queries the file parameters and environment variables on the presentation server ie to check whether the particular file or directory exist. The length or the existence of files can be determined. It Execute Query Functions on Presentation Server

This module is obsolete. Use the appropriate module from the function group SFES.

The appropriate function modules from funciton group SFES.

GUI_GET_DESKTOP_INFO

GUI_GET_FILE_INFO

GUI_EXEC

GUI_RUN etc

The Equivalent Function Module for WS_QUERY-File Exist in ABAP 4.7 is

CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES=>FILE_EXIST or WS_QUERY-Directory Exist is CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES=>DIRECTORY_EXIST.

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

This FM Queries the file parameters and environment variables on the

presentation server. The length or the existence of files can be

determined.

this FM is obsolete

use the FMs as specified by vinay

0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I'm getting error(dump) from WS_QUERY. I inherite program with GuiXt, when I call WS_QUERY, it's not able to give me back the platform name. It gives me bacht ndone = - 1 (unknown platform).

I use a virtual pc(windows xp) to connect to the applicatioin server (HP machine on UNIX OS)

Thanks in advance.