Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUPLA problem using BAPI_ACC_GL_POSTING_POST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am making an intercompany posting using BAPI_ACC_GL_POSTING_POST. For the most part it works fine but I am encountering problems related to companies in Thailand. I understand the business place(BUPLA) is required for this country and I am populating it, however, I am still getting the message, "Enter a business location".

Using debug, I found that this is occurring because one company on a different line item is in the United States(US) which doesn't have the BUPLA populated (a country for which BUPLA is not required). The BAPI errors out thinking I have not populated it.

I did find OSS note 809619 and seems to fit my problem but the note is for release 4.72 and we are on 4.6C here. Has anyone encountered this problem? Is this the correct note regardless of the release? Would a substitution rule work for a BAPI?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

/william

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OSS note seems to relevant. Release 4.72 is not SAP R/3 release, it's for the FI-CA Addon release.

Maybe it worth to try to implement it, if you have a playground system. I'd also put a break-point in LFKB0FF0 and see waht happens in the code, which would be changed by the note.

By the way, if you don't have this plug-in installed, probable it won't be possible to install it via Note Assistant.

Peter

PS: Anyway I'd open an OSS message for this mentioning also the OSS note number.

2 REPLIES 2

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OSS note seems to relevant. Release 4.72 is not SAP R/3 release, it's for the FI-CA Addon release.

Maybe it worth to try to implement it, if you have a playground system. I'd also put a break-point in LFKB0FF0 and see waht happens in the code, which would be changed by the note.

By the way, if you don't have this plug-in installed, probable it won't be possible to install it via Note Assistant.

Peter

PS: Anyway I'd open an OSS message for this mentioning also the OSS note number.

0 Kudos

Peter,

I don't believe we have the add-on anyhow so we couldn't apply it anyhow if we tried.

Thanks for your speedy response.

/william